Friday, February 1, 2008

Let it Snow!



Funny how productive you can be during a snowstorm. Chicago and the south suburbs (me) got hit with a mighty snowstorm making driving to work impossible. I could have made it with my SUV, however my normal 1 hour commute would have taken 2 1/2 to 3 hours one way and most likely another 1 1/2 home. I just don't have the energy OR desire to be in the car that long unless I'm driving somewhere fun! In any case, I am working from home and hoping to accomplish some projects in between. Good day to focus on some of my projects for the Year Long Gift Along I am doing. Need to start checking off the projects. I have decided to start on the Strawberry Hat by The Golden Fleece. It is a gift for my daughter's friend who just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago. Need to check that off the list first so that she is able to use it while the weather is still cold. Since it is a basic stockinette rolled bottom hat, it will go fairly quickly. I should also use some time today to try organizing my patterns and really try getting a handle my yarn stash - I have lost count. Some time should be devoted to Ravelry as well....oh, just not enough time in a day!

No comments: