Friday, June 27, 2008

Spring Forward

Well, I finally found the right sock for my Socks that Rock Barney Rubble. I started the Spring Forward sock from Knitty, Summer 2008. I am really liking the way its turning out. It now increases the number to 6 for projects on my needles - but they are unique and different so I don't get bored. I am knitting a white baby afghan in the feathers and fans pattern, the Golden Rose Sundress, Horcrux Socks (for some reason lost interest in), the Something Red sweater in Dream in Color Butter Peeps (which might get frogged), and the Buddy Bag (the bag is done and waiting to do the pocket and finger puppet). But knitting wouldn't be fun if you didn't have many things started at once....right? The key is to finish some of them! That is my goal. I also did something I haven't done before - knitted socks on dpns. I took a class to learn how to knit socks and was taught with the magic loop method. That is all that I have used thus far. Well, my Mom cleaned out her sewing room and gave me a ton of dpns that her and my aunts used to use. Well, it was the perfect time to try them. I have used them on hats before but never for socks. They really aren't too bad and are actually kind of fun. The k1p1 rib for the cuff was a bit awkward but once I got past that, not too bad. I like it for a change but think that the magic loop is less fiddly for me. We will see!
I love the colors in Barney Rubble. It has all of my favorite pastels - blue, pink, and yellow. It is a very pretty yarn. I have not knitted alot of socks yet but this is by far my favorite to knit with.

No comments: