Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Outside my window

Over the past three days I have watched with excitement as this beautiful nest was being built outside my office window! The effort that this bird put into this little nest was amazing. She must have made 100 different "trips" to this Rose of Sharon bush to drop off a load of "lumber" for the new home her and her babies will inhabit. I watched her bring twigs, pieces of corn husk, wet leaves, and even a piece of plastic that I'm sure she found laying in the yard. At first it was just a bunch of stuff piled on top of each other. But then she started to perform her magic and carefully weaved everything together into this beautiful piece of work.


I couldn't get a very clear picture of Mama bird through my screen window but was able to run outside when she left for another load to get a close up of the nest. Beautiful work this Mama did. Of course I don't know anything about birds so I have no idea what kind it is but I am so excited to watch her as she sits on her eggs in anticipation.



I'm so happy that she picked MY Rose of Sharon to make her new home in.

1 comment:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Birds of a feather flock together...you weave...she weaves her nest! Geez I am so cornie! I LOVE your new design! It suits you AWESOME!!!