Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Procrastination

Well, I've done it again.  I start out in January with a list of all these fabulous ideas I want to sew or knit for Christmas and get excited just thinking that I have almost 12 months to get them done!   Welllll....as we all can see, Christmas is only about 39 DAYS away and I did it again.  I procrastinated most of the year and now I have those fabulous ideas swirling around in my head and no where to go!  Now I have gotten some things done but not anywhere close to the ideas I had.  Why do I do that every year? 
So does anyone else feel like they "missed the boat" again this year when it comes to getting your holidays gifts made?  I do have a good chunk of my shopping done and I usually am pretty good about getting a jump on that but it's the handmade gifts that I love to give each year that seem to get delayed.  I can look at the many things I have made or knitted throughout the year but most of those have already been given away or used.

I may have to try a different strategy next year!  I think I said that this year too but hey, I'm not a quitter......just a great procrastinator!!!!!

4 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Pfft! Preachin' to the choir sister! I am in "Full Panic" mode and already know there is NO way I will get everything done unless it includes a lake and a nunnery!

Jan said...

Ahh, great idea! I have some sitting water in my backyard and I'll pull the old "habit" out if you want to do a retreat! I think we could make that happen!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Yeeeeaaah, you and I are about the farthest things from Nuns as it gets!

Jen said...

Yet another reason why I don't do crafts right now...I barely have time to go to the bathroom. Hahahaha!! Even though you procrastinated on Christmas mom, you and Di made a TON of other stuff this year. Don't beat yourself up. There's always next year!!!