Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I won....I won....I won!!!!

I can no longer say "I never win anything" because I have won TWICE this week, yes twice!!!  First, I was at my Scrap Club at Prairie Stitches on Monday night and we had to bring in a completed project that we made with a 9-patch exchange we had.  Well, out of about 18 women, only 3 of us completely finished our challenge.  The owners, who were to judge our projects and pick a winner came back in the room and said that all three of us were winners.  So I received a gift card worth 25 fat quarters to be used within a year.  That is huge!  I was thrilled because I was sooooo close to not finishing my piece.  I only exchanged 8 blocks so I couldn't really make a quilt so I made a table runner out of mine.  It's complete and on my table.  Isn't is cute?

It was so worth me rushing to finish it before class!!!



My second BIG win was a giveaway I entered on Susan B. Anderson's blog.  She is the author of the Itty Bitty books (Itty Bitty Hats, Itty Bitty Nursery, Itty Bitty Toys)  I buy every book she publishes.  Not only are her patterns fabulous, but her books are the cutest knitting book you can buy!  Her hat book is what brought me back to knitting when my little granddaughter Addison was born!  I have made quite a few of her hats for my grandbabies as well as for gifts.  Aaaannyway....she had a contest to win an entire set of Alana Dako's patterns from the Never Not Knitting blog and podcast fame.  I even mentioned in my comment that I enter every contest and never win.  Wellllll.... I got an email today from Susan and I WON!!!!!!!!!  I won a set of all 13 of Alana's patterns, which are beautiful!!!  I can't wait to receive them.  Now to decide what I will knit first when I receive them.

On another note, I posted last time about finishing Addie's Little Tea Leaves Cardi.  Well, I finally got a picture of her in it.  Isn't she a goofball?   I was so happy with how it fit.  I'm always nervous knitting garments due to size issues but I have to say I nailed this one.  It fits her so well and looks so cute on her.  I think I might have to start a red one for Christmas!  I guess I better get knitting!!!

1 comment:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Did you buy Lotto tickets too???

Or do we all have to work yet?