Thursday, September 4, 2008

I think it's time for a quilt!


I have been quilting for 22 years but for the past couple years knitting has taken over my life.  I was looking for a hobby that was a bit more portable.  Something that I could do sitting with the family and not have to be in my sewing room alone.  Something I could stick in my purse and take with me to work on at lunch or while waiting for an appointment.  Then, baby Addison came along and I started collecting some really adorable quilting fabrics to make her a quilt.  She is 6 months old and I have not made her a quilt yet.  My goal is to make one for her 1st birthday and personalize it just for her so that she always has something to remember me by.   While shopping for cute fabrics I realized how much I miss quilting.  Picking the colors, choosing the pattern, watching it go together.  I want it to be special.  I want Addie to pick it up and cuddle it and wear it out.  I don't want it to sit folded in a corner.  I want it to be dragged around the house..something she can cuddle in when she is sick.  I want her to wear it out and love it. Because all the love she gives it will be the same amount of love that I will put into it!!!

No comments: