Monday, January 17, 2011

On and Off the Long Arm!

One of my New Years Resolutions was to FINISH some of the projects that I started last year (and before)!!  One in particular that was worthy of finishing was my Farmer's Wife Quilt.  As I said in my previous post, I did not want a king size quilt so I only did half of the 100+ blocks that were in the book.  They were way too much work and way too beautiful to leave in a plastic storage bin on my sewing room shelf.   So my goal was to get the top finished and get it on my long arm machine before I lost interest in it!

Here she is all ready to quilt!!!


Once you get it quilted, it has to be trimmed down to size.  I actually got a little nervous while quilting this because I didn't think I allowed for enough batting.  But once I got to the end, I was okay!  Whew!


Here she is in a prominent place on my railing.  I'm still trying to figure out where I can actually hang it in my house because it's way too pretty to use!!!  And folding it on a chair doesn't do it justice because of all the different blocks in the quilt!  I am so proud of this quilt!!!


So, until I figure out which unfinished project I want to work on next, I decided to start Addie another sweater!  This is something I can do while sitting and watching TV and don't have to be in my sewing room to do it.  This is a pattern I purchased off of Ravelry called "In Threes."  It was designed by a woman expecting her third girl.  It is a super easy knit.  I already made one for Addie in red to wear at Christmas so I thought it would be fun to make her a pretty pink one for spring.  I may even make her a dress or a little ruffled skirt to wear with it.  I'm thinking a cute little crocheted flower would be nice as well as some fabric covered buttons in a fabric to match the dress or skirt I make to go with it!


Okay, wasn't I supposed to be finishing projects instead of starting more?  That's the fun of crafting!!!!

2 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

That is gorgeous! I am not sure how you managed that one, I know how hard it is/was! Good job!

As for starting things before we finish others, it's an illness. Mmmhmm.

Jan said...

Ya think? :-) Sorry I contaminated you with my illness!