Monday, October 4, 2010

Roundabout

Last week I attended a guild meeting in St. Charles. Their guest speaker was Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. Her quilts are incredible!!! It was great to see many of her creations in person. She has written many quilt patterns that are absolutely beautiful! But one of my favorite series of patterns are her "Schnibbles." If you are wondering what the word Schnibble means, Carrie explains it here.

One of my favorite Schnibbles is called "Roundabout." It was fun to make and turned out so cute. Of course like any quilt, there is time involved in the prep work..or in other words cutting your fabric and getting it ready to sew. Her Schnibbles are all fairly small quilts; hence the name. "Roundabout" measures 32" and would be a perfect size for a table or even as a wallhanging.

Here are my fabrics cut and ready to go. Even though the pattern makes it look like these blocks would be a little difficult to sew, they really aren't at all. Her instructions are very detailed and precise, which makes the job much easier. She will even suggest which way to press the fabric after sewing.



And after a fun day sewing with some of my quilting friends I was able to complete the entire top. Next step will be to put it on my quilting machine and quilt it. I think it's pretty cute.


I really want to make more of her quilts. There are just so many to choose from. I would like to do another Schnibble called "Tagalong", which only measures 29". But I also bought a pattern called "Route 44" which is beautiful and quite a bit bigger...measuring 78". You must check out her patterns and books if you want to be inspired!!!
If you want to know more about Carrie Nelson and her fabulous pattern line, Miss Rosie's Quilt Co., you can check out her blog at La Vie En Rosie.

2 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Hey that turned out really great!!!

Be still my beating heart...two posts in one week!

Ok, what's next???

Jan said...

I know, I know. I'm spoiling you now!!