Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sweater finished - check!

Remember this cute little sweater for Addison...minus the sleeves?  I started on it a long time ago.  Well, IT'S FINISHED and ready for her to wear this fall.  I am so proud of myself for finishing it up.  I was actually inspired to finish because I saw my friend Lynne's pictures posted on Facebook and her granddaughter Lily was wearing her sweater.  I knew I only had the sleeves to go so decided to finish it up!


Here is a close-up of the pattern on top.  It almost looks gathered and was very fun to do.  The pattern is called Tiny Tea Leaves Cardi by Melissa LaBarre.  You can find the pattern on Ravelry.  She also makes an adult size version of the same sweater.


And here is the final sweater....done and ready to wear.  I chose different buttons for it because I thought the dark brown ones were too big so I added a flower button in a shade that picks up the variation in the sweater.  I used Dream in Color yarn in the Butter Peeps colorway.


Boy it feels good to finish something!   Now I can't wait to take pictures of Addie wearing it!!!!

4 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

Awe! That turned out soo cute! Now all she needs is a turtleneck and jeans and then of course super cute boots!

Love it!

Jen said...

SUPER cute mama! And even cuter in person. We will get her picture this weekend sometime :-)

Chelsi said...

Very cute!!! Hopefully someday she'll have a little girl to wear it too! :)

Jane said...

so cute! you did a great job! some people are so talented. I quilt, but thats about it,I am following your blog, you are welcome to follow mine as well,blessings jane